Saturday, November 12, 2011

Six-Sentence Saturday 11/12/2011

First of all, let me just say, the Phantom of the Opera was AWESOME! I enjoyed myself so much, and even though I know the story intimately I still cried at the end. Broadway musical fans, raise your hands...

Hi there. Nice to meet you all. :)

Okay, so here are my six sentences:

1.) I can occasionally be an impulsive buyer... my last impulsive buy was a bag of dried banana chips. YUM!

2.) I went to Staples again and hung around there for awhile, drooling over the $1 sales, notebooks, and electronics.

3.) I hate exchanging/returning things, and never do unless I have someone with me to give me courage.

4.) My favourite movie right now is Real Steel.

5.) My favourite song right now is Nickelback's "Gotta Be Somebody"... once you can overlook the rock-out-iveness of it, its awesome.

6.) Me and my co-workers were working yesterday, Veteran's Day, and our employer was so sweet he came in at noon and gave us the rest of the day off.

Last, I'm going to share a poem with you now. Enjoy.

ONLY ONE SACRIFICE -- A Villanelle

He came to save, He came to die--
His Sacrifice encompassed all
beneath the shadows of the sky.

Men mock and jeer with jaundiced eye--
their bitter hearts do not recall
He came to save, He came to die.

"Behold Thy Son." Who will reply?
His blood, as drops of payment fall,
beneath the shadows of the sky.

The Magdalen is standing nigh--
His Mother gazes, strong and small.
He came to save, He came to die.

In pain He hangs-- the wind keens by.
They offer vinegar and gall
beneath the shadows of the sky.

At last it comes! He gives a cry!
His blood is spent-- He's given all.
He came to save, He came to die,
beneath the shadows of the sky.

*For more information on villanelles, please follow the link below.*

3 comments:

  1. Phantom! I'm so jealous! Love it.
    I hate returning things too. Today I got a package in the mail--a Christmas gift my daughter ordered for my husband and it was the wrong item. She liked it anyway, so we kept it but I had to call them to get them to credit me the price difference. Still, I was happy I didn't have to return it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE the Phantom. Best musical EVER, in my opinion!

    Blech, I loathe returning things. I don't much like calling either, so you did better than me. I probably would have suffered with the difference in price. I'm such a coward. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cat,

    I've never seen Phantom of the Opera, but I am a big lover of musicals. To date my favorite is probably Fiddler on the Roof.

    I went to the mall on Friday and got my Christmas shopping started.

    I'm always picking things up at the store for my daughters and my mother; the downside to that is that I end up making all of their returns as well =/ I'm over it - it's not a big deal anymore.

    I'm eagerly awaiting Breaking Dawn. My daughters will attend the midnight showing, but I'm going to restrain myself until the next day.

    I agree, Gotta Be Somebody is an awesome song!

    Sounds like you've got a great boss. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...