Saturday, July 16, 2011

Six-Sentence Saturday

It's SIX-SENTENCE SATURDAY!!

Today is the day I share six random sentences about the first things that pop into my head. Enjoy.
  1. I know it sounds funny, but my favourite way to write is the old fashioned pen-and-paper technique, 'cause my thoughts flow almost too quickly when I write, and my hand can keep my thoughts in line.
  2. Computers can be inspiring - I mean, there's internet, for one thing, emails, websites, games, google chat, youtube, all that kind of illuminating and thought-jogging stuff - but it's a time-waster as well.
  3. When I'm alone in the house, I sing to high songs, like Phantom of the Opera, in order to stretch my vocal chords and try to reach that high E.
  4. My first revision process is to transcribe what I've written on paper to computer, editing as I transfer the printed word onto the typed word.
  5. I prefer dogs over cats.
  6. I have a terrible weakness for chocolate.
See you next week for six sentences.

5 comments:

  1. 1. I use a combination of typing and pen and paper writing.
    2. I never turn my computer off during the day. (It sleeps when I sleep.)
    3. I love Phantom of the Opera!
    4. My first revision occurs when I write. Each day I revise what I wrote the day before. It's a nice warm up and it gets me into the voice before I write more.
    5. I prefer dogs over cats too. I do have one of each though.
    6. I'm a dark chocolate girl. Milk chocolate doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! I wish I could compose with pen and paper still, but the computer has crushed that ability for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could write with pencil and paper still, but the computer has squashed that ability!
    And, yes, I agree that revising in that manner is a good warm-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love using the computer, but for me that's my "revision" process. Thoughts flow so much better when I'm using a notebook and paper. Weird, eh?

    ReplyDelete

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...