Monday, January 3, 2011

Ten Favourite Things

I've decided it's time for me to discover what kinds of things my friends like to do. In return, I'll list some things that I like to do. We'll take turns.
 
What are ten favourite things you like to do? These are mine:
  1. Writing
  2. Singing
  3. Reading
  4. Drawing
  5. Baking
  6. Music Theory
  7. Photography
  8. Scrapbooking
  9. Clay Modeling
  10. Star Gazing
With writing, I can explore new worlds, create fantastic new settings, tug at someone's heart with poetry.
 
With singing, I can inspire myself, and make myself cry. Isn't that funny? Reading gives me relaxation.
 
If I've had a particularly hard day, or just want to give myself a mental break, reading helps.
 
Drawing helps me visualize a setting I've come up with, or put a face to a character I've created.
 
Baking just makes the house smell good, and makes everything feel warm and friendly and creative.
 
Music Theory is just cool. I love how it gives me that deeper understanding of the way music works.
 
Photography gives me pleasure in capturing a perfect moment, and lets me kind of hide behind my camera when I'm in an awkward gathering.
 
Scrapbooking is a very relaxing pastime. I love how I can create a whole page of memories, accented with stickers, quotations, and funny little sketches.
 
Clay modeling is just fun. I love to see the faces I can pull out of the clay, and form the eyes, mouth, and smile into something that makes me smile back.
 
Star gazing brings me right into the glory of God. When it's dark outside and I look up and see that unending stretch of diamond gleams, I think of Silent Night, and feel an incredible peace in my heart. 
 
What are your ten things? 
 
As an aside, it's only three days until the Epiphany, two days until the Twelfth Day of Christmas, and Twelfth Night. Today, on the Tenth Day of Christmas, we receive Ten Lords a-Leaping. They represent the Ten Commandments. 
 
On the Tenth Day of Christmas my True Love (God) gave to me,
Ten Lords a-Leaping, (the Ten Commandments)
Nine Ladies Dancing, (the Fruits of the Holy Ghost)
Eight Maids a-Milking, (the Eight Beatitudes)
Seven Swans a-Swimming, (the Seven Sacraments)
Six Geese a-Laying, (the Six Days of Creation)
Five Gold Rings, (the Pentateuch)
Four Calling Birds, (the Four Evangelists, or the Gospels)
Three French Hens, (the Theological Virtues)
Two Turtledoves, (the Old and New Testaments)
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. (Our Jesus Christ)

No comments:

Post a Comment

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...