Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nine Ladies Dancing

First off, this is post number ninety for me! This is a reason to rejoice! I didn't think I'd EVER hit this many posts. Ten more, and I'll be in the triple digits. A little applause would be nice.

Second, I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Day. Ours was good. We had a beautiful steak, and enjoyed the company of good friends. What more can one ask for? Good food, good movies, good friends... yep, It was indeed a good day.

Third, tomorrow some of us are going to go shopping for the Epiphany. That will be a fun bit of action. Hopefully, it'll ease the sadness of saying goodbye to our friends. Don't you wish life was full of hello's, and you never had to say goodbye? Of course, if that was the case, there wouldn't be much joy in the hello's, would there?

Last, here is the ninth installment of the Twelve Days of Christmas. We are given Nine Ladies Dancing. I admit, that does seem to be a pretty funny gift to receive, but they symbolize the Nine Fruits of the Holy Ghost.

On the Ninth Day of Christmas my True Love (God) gave to me,
Nine Ladies Dancing, (the Nine Fruits of the Holy Ghost)
Eight Maids a-Milking, (the Eight Beatitudes)
Seven Swans a-Swimming, (the Seven Sacraments)
Six Geese a-Laying, (the Six Days of Creation)
Five Gold Rings, (the Pentateuch)
Four Calling Birds, (the Four Evangelists, or the Gospels)
Three French Hens, (the Theological Virtues)
Two Turtledoves, (the Old and New Testaments)
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. (Our Dear Jesus Christ)



God bless you all, and I hope you all have a wonderful night. See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...