Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Nativity: A Poem

This is my simple little Christmas poem. I hope it does as much homage to God as I pray it does.

THE NATIVITY
When all the stars cried out, "Rejoice!"
and flowers bloomed 'neath winter snow,
then, in that silver, silent night,
God's Child came to us below.
He came to us through Mary pure,
and she sang in that holy night.
The angels bent to hear her song:
their perfect hearts beat with delight.

"Gloria, my holy Treasure,
Gloria, my goodly Pleasure.
Gloria, mine own, my being.
Gloria, Creator King!"

When all the heavens rang with joy,
and untouched snow lay glimmering,
when in that diamond, velvet sky,
the diamond stars danced, shimmering:
when Joseph and the shepherds sang,
and Mary sang, o wondrous thing!
then through the angels' jubilee
came Jesus Christ, our God and King.

"Gloria, my holy Treasure,
Gloria, my goodly Pleasure.
Gloria, mine own, my being.
Gloria, Creator King!
My Sweet, my soul, my every grace,
my Saviour of our sinful race.
My Hope, my Joy, my Baby King,
my God, my Life, my Everything!"

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...