Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Writer's World

I'm sure every writer has had this kind of thing happen; you go to bed, lay down, shut your eyes....and start thinking, "what if?"

I did this last night. I went to bed at around 10:30pm last night, exhausted out of my mind after a lengthy few hours of writing, excited because I'm planning on doing the National Picture Book Contest that starts on Saturday May 1st, but tired. As soon as I laid down, ideas started running through my head, and I could not sleep. After about 45 minutes of tossing and turning I got up, turned on the light (ignoring my sisters groaning), found a pencil and some paper and wrote down my ideas. Then I went back to bed. Just in case, though, I brought my paper and pencil with me. Good thing I did! I jotted down several more ideas before, relieved that I hadn't let those inspirations escape, I fell asleep.

Unfortunately, I had to get up at 6am the next morning to get to work on time. However, I guess 7 hours of sleep is a good compensation for golden ideas. Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

See my comment box? Want to know a secret?

*whispers* It's actually a TARDIS comment box! If you write long enough, you'll see... it's bigger on the inside!

Isn't that cool?

Now that you know that, aren't you going to throw a comment in there? You KNOW you want to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...